Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Signs of Sense in the #MeToo Movement?

Debra Messing
Debra Messing Joins Alyssa Milano, Condemns Anti-Semitic Women's March Leaders
"Will & Grace" star and progressive activist Debra Messing tweeted Friday that she will join actress/activist Alyssa Milano in condemning the anti-Semitic leaders of the Women's March.

Messing tweeted out an article from The Advocate, in which Milano pledges not to speak at January's repeat Women's March and denounces the group over its connection to anti-Semitic hate preacher Louis Farrakhan.





Alyssa Milano

Milano told The Advocate that she is uncomfortable with the connection between Women's March leaders Tamika Mallory, Carmen Perez, and Linda Sarsour and the Chicago-based leader of the Nation of Islam. Milano did not mince words in condemning the anti-Semitism she's seen crop up on the Left, and called upon the three women to denounce Farrakhan.

“Any time that there is any bigotry or anti-Semitism in that respect, it needs to be called out and addressed. I’m disappointed in the leadership of the Women’s March that they haven’t done it adequately,” Milano said. “I would say no at this point. Unfortunate that none of them have come forward against him at this point. Or even given a really good reason why to support them."

Pamela Anderson
Pam Anderson says "Hold my beer, and watch this":  Pamela Anderson calls #MeToo movement ‘a bore,’ urges ‘common sense’
Pamela Anderson is not a supporter of the #MeToo movement. In a new interview with Australia’s “60 Minutes” on Sunday, the former Playboy model slammed #MeToo, claiming it has gone “too far.”

“I think this feminism can go too far,” Anderson said. “I’m a feminist, but I think that this third wave of feminism is a bore.” She added, “I think it paralyzes men, I think this #MeToo movement is a bit too much for me. I’m sorry, I’ll probably get killed for saying that.”

Anderson, 51, brought up the allegations against Harvey Weinstein and said it was “common sense” to avoid those types of “business meetings.”

“My mother taught me don’t go to a hotel with a stranger. If someone opens the door in a bathrobe and it’s supposed to be a business meeting, maybe I should go with somebody else,” she said. “I think some things are just common sense. Or, if you go in … get the job. I’m Canadian, I’m going to speak my mind. I’m sorry, I’m not politically correct.”
Wombat-socho is back in the saddle again, with Late Night With Rule 5 Sunday: Pepper Potts.


No comments:

Post a Comment