Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Well, If You Insist

From Stacy McCain, librarian of feminist absurdity: Narcissism, Nipples and ‘Social Justice’
Christine Lasher wants you to notice her daughter’s nipples:
This is my daughter; and those are her nipples.
In fairness, let me give you a minute to process that. . . .
I’ll just wait here quietly while you rant, drool, hurl, or whatever other judging and/or inappropriate response you wish to express.
(We would not have noticed, ma’am, if you hadn’t posted this on your blog and titled it, “My Daughter and Her Nipples.” But please continue.)
It’s only women’s nipples that we shame. That’s right. More gender asymmetry meant to keep women…covered…silent…less than. A 21st Century burka of sorts right here in the U.S. of A. Less fabric. Same idea.
But I digress because this photo has nothing to do with any of that.
In fact, my daughter says F–K THAT! And, oh by the way, she doesn’t say F–K THAT for you. In fact, she couldn’t care less what you think of her nipples one way or the other.
This photograph of my daughter is not a political statement. It is nota sexual statement. It isn’t even about you…for you…or related toyou in any way [GASP]. You egomaniacal moron. . . .
Well, generic second-person “you” can read the rest of that, but speaking of egomaniacal morons, Christine Lasher is a perfect example.
Nice photo. Well, they're all very nice and all but nothing to drool over. Well, OK, maybe just a little. So I actually went over to the blog, and it starts a little sad:
She had a stroke and lost her ability to use her left side, to process language, or to speak and move as she wished. She worked hard for endless hours in physical and occupational therapy to gain it back. And endured unspeakable surgeries and procedures to heal. She earned this body. She appreciates this body. She occupies this body with wisdom and with strength.
Well, that's wonderful. I like to hear a good recovery story; but I'm not sure what this has to do with nipples and feminism (since Stacy is posting it, it's almost certainly about feminism).
When you look at this photo you see only…nipples?
But what I noticed first was the pink hair and outfit. But that's not really all that unusual these days. You should see some of the stuff I see at the local beach. Oh, I try, but I can't cover it all.
Pardon my candor but you seem to have issues.
Who doesn't have issues? One of my issues is whiny feminists looking for "my" issues, and not taking care of their own.
Or maybe, just maybe, you do see her ferocity too. And it terrifies you.
Umm, no, not really. But I do hope she grows up a little less bitter than her mother.
The winds of change are stirring things in a counterclockwise direction. Undoing the damage done. Undoing the iniquity. Undoing the imbalance. Undoing the machismo, and the stronghold, and the bullshit.
I'm betting that a good number of the doctors that worked on your daughter's stroke were male, the usual issue bound, machismo rich male stew that drives some men through an arduous academic regime, a long period of training, and mountains to student debt, only to generically hated by feminsts for their success.

Wombat-socho has a plain vanilla "Rule 5 Sunday" and "FMJRA 2.0: Operation Chromite" ready at The Other McCain.

No comments:

Post a Comment