Saturday, August 4, 2018

Rule 5 Saturday - Jennifer Aniston Just Walked Away

This weeks Rule 5 post inspired by this post at Althouse: Jennifer Aniston answers the question "Have you ever been sexually harassed in the workplace?"
"I’ve definitely had some sloppy moves made on me by other actors, and I handled it by walking away. I’ve never had anyone in a position of power make me feel uncomfortable and leverage that over me. In my personal experience I’ve been treated worse verbally and energetically by some women in this industry."
 Well known for "Friends" . . .



The interview is in In Style magazine, which does absolutely no follow-up. Which women? What exactly did they do? Was it mean talk, delivered "energetically," or were there threats or sexual demands? What do you mean by "worse"?
And also well known for being the third wheel in the "Brangelina triangle." Brad made a serious error, and divorced a relatively sensible woman for one crazier than he his.
I'd like to go further into this notion that maybe "sloppy" sexual moves by co-workers are forgivable and next to nothing if you just walk away and that what really hurts is something else, something that might not even be sexual, but some other sort of treatment, something women do to other women more than men do to women, but what are the specifics? I'm ready to hear about how women undercut each other and how painful it is when your dreams of sisterhood are punctured, but you've got to expand on "I’ve been treated worse verbally and energetically by some women."
Linked at Pirate's Cove in the weekly "Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup" and links. Wombat-socho has "Rule Five Sunday: Summer Event Silliness" and "FMJRA 2.0: Space Age Love Affair" published on time and within budget.


























No comments:

Post a Comment