Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I Love America and All, But . . .

Singing the Stars spangled Banner as a torch song is just wrong: "Fergie has officially stolen the title of the most controversial national anthem performance from sitcom queen Roseanne Barr."



Fox News Reports.

Roseanne's tweet: "Who saw Fergie's national anthem performance at the NBA All Star Game? I think mine was better lowkey." As she explained in 2015:
“I started too high. I knew about six notes in that I couldn’t hit the big note," she admitted. "So I just tried to get through it, but I couldn’t hear anything with 50,000 drunk a--- booing, screaming ‘you fat f---,’ giving me the finger and throwing bottles at me during the song they ‘respect’ so much.”
At TMZ, Fergie explains:
"I've always been honored and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA. I'm a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best."
Compare Roseanne's rendition:



But Fergie is much better looking:


Wombat-socho has "Late Night With Rule 5 SundaySailor Moon Goes To The Olympics" open for business at The Other McCain.






















No comments:

Post a Comment