Saturday, May 4, 2019

Beach Report 05/04/19

Spring is fully sprung here; the trees are leafed out, we've had days in the 80s, almost 90, a couple times, and most are now safely in the 60s and 70s, including today. Skye and I walked down the the beach before lunch, and met Georgia there. I spotted this Pearl Crescent butterfly, along with sighting several more, on the way there. My butterfly sighting list for the year is up to 20, including 4 from Belize.
It was a pretty nice day at the beach, although a little foggy. There was a fraternity/sorority party from University of Maryland camped at Matoaka Cottages for the last two days, and Skye got a lot of attention as we walked past. She was in seventh heaven. Have I mentioned that bikini season has started?
Fossil hunting was only OK, as an east breeze made it hard to look down in the surf. However, I did find this large, but sadly broken Mako lower. Intact, it would have been a great tooth, broken, it's only good. But, when all was said and done, I managed 11 teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment