Sunday, November 29, 2015

We're Back!


We left the Washington PA area around 8 AM after breakfast.  It was still raining (it rained all day yesterday too), and in fact, it rained lightly most of the way down. Since it was ugly we skipped taking the National Pike, and went I-79 to I-68 at Morgantown, and I-70 down to Maryland 32 to avoid I-270 and the Beltway mess on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Other than short slowdowns on I-79 near Hancock and 32, traffic was moderate, and fast. With stops for gas at Morgantown, a dog walk and potty break at Sidling Hill, and lunch in Hagarstown, we made it home a little after 2:30. Not record time, but good. Site seeing was poor due to the persistent drizzle, and dense fog on some of the higher passes on I-68.

Skye II was good the whole way, not whining or giving any grief, and was happy to get home and walk her own street for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment