Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Beach Report 11/11/14


We decided to give in to Skye's demands for a walk about the same time as a low tide at the beach this morning. This morning the wind was blowing NW at 20+ knots, while temperatures were rising rapidly towards 60 F with partly sunny skies. Pretty nice for a November morning.



I was startled to find this Common Buckeye flitting around in the sand dunes this late it the year. I guess there are still a few butterflies about; I saw a Monarch out over the bay while we were fishing yesterday.







We've had tremendous progress in Fall here in only a few days. About half of the leaves have fallen, and the color, while still good, is starting to fade

An odd one out in the Bay. I can't quite make out the name, so I can't google it, and I can't seem to find it now on Marinetraffic.com
There is a huge LNG tanker at the Gas Docks today, the Arctic Explorer according to Marinetraffic.com. It's astonishing how it dwarfs the docks, no small structure of it's own.

No eagles today, but I thought I would throw picture up from a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment