Sunday, March 9, 2014

Beach Make Up Post

I realized I hadn't emptied the camera since the first of March. We haven't been to the beach too much, between snow, rain, errands, and all, but a few have come and gone since I last reported. Today it was 40 F and blowing pretty stiff from NNW, not a great bearing, so it was kind of chilly.
Somebody lost (or released) a pretty huge cluster of blooms that ended up settling in the dried Kudzu vines from last year.  Pink, black, blue and clear,  I can't figure out what that was all about.
 The buffies are still here, as of today.  Soon they'll be headed back to Canada.
Fossil hunting has been hit and miss, and nothing really astounding. Yesterday I found 20, and today I found 0 and Georgia got 1. This nice little Mako tooth was from yesterday.
There has been a little flock of Semipalmated Sandpipers working the swash zone.  This is only part of them; they seem to number about 10 at most.
A very impressive Fata Morgana mirage, stretching the Eastern Shore islands and even the mainland that we rarely see up into a fairy bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment