Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pretty Much an Apt Description of Many Feminists. . .

. . .They are loud and smelly and, above all other things, demanding.

From Stacy McCain's post on that icon of modern feminism, Amanda Marcot: Wow! Amanda Marcotte Really Hates Babies: ‘Time-Sucking Monsters’
Marcotte’s bloodthirsty zeal for baby-killing is notorious, and so we aren’t really surprised when she makes statements like this:
“I don’t particularly like babies. They are loud and smelly and, above all other things, demanding. No matter howmuch free day care you throw at women, babies are stilltime-sucking monsters with their constant neediness.”
. . .
So why does Amanda Marcotte hate babies so much? Because she is supremely and shamelessly selfish:
No matter how flexible you make my work schedule, my entire life would be overturned by a baby. I like my life how it is, with my ability to do what I want when I want without having to arrange for a babysitter. I like being able to watch True Detective right now and not wait until baby is in bed. I like sex in any room of the house I please. I don’t want a baby. I’ve heard your pro-baby arguments. Glad those work for you, but they are unconvincing to me. Nothing will make me want a baby. . . .
I like not having a giant growth protruding out of my stomach. I hate hospitals and like not having stretch marks. . . .
Even the staunchest pro-lifer must consider she makes a point: It’s probably best that such hatefully selfish people not reproduce.
As I've said before in a similar context "Thank you for not breeding!"  Is it over the top to suggest that having the decision made a generation or two earlier might have been nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment