Friday, March 5, 2021

Beach Report 3/5/21: Meg!

"This sucks!" said Georgia, who beat me to the beach by a few minutes. It was in the mid 30s F, and blowing 15-20 knots from the NW. Nevertheless, we persisted, and I'm sure glad we did.

Way up on the beach above Matoaka, in the bed of the little stream that comes down through the cliffs, I found what will probably be the tooth of the year, this 3 1/4 inch Megalodon tooth. (It might technically be a chubutensis; it has barely noticeable cusps on either side). I only regret I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of it lying there in the stream. 
Two cell phone pictures, it actually gets better close ups than my other camera. First, the lingual side.
And then the labial side.
Otherwise, it was a tough day for fossil, only about three little ones each. I don't care though.
Still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment