Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Beach Report 5/30/21

The temperature was right around 90 F under clear, windless skies when we got to the beach.
Not the the most lovely fossil, but one of the rarer one, a whale bulla, or ear bone. I guess we're going to find that whale one piece at a time. 
An unusually colored (most of our teeth are black or gray) Sand Tiger Shark tooth. Good enough for the kitchen shelf.
"Are you sure you want to go up here, boss?"
OK, explain this. It appears to be a piece of brass fitting of some sort, stuck in a rock. I guess the rock must have stuck together with the brass inside, but I thought that kind of rock was old. Hmmm. 
Another piece of whale, I guess. It was pretty slimy when Georgia picked it up, but it cleaned up easily.
Skye spent most of the walk in the water, cooling.
I guess I should stoop down and pick it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment