Friday, October 16, 2020

Fish Pic Friday - Mallory Hendrix

This week's Fish Pic Friday features Mallory Hendrix:

Tell us a little about yourself!

Hey y’all, my name is Mallory, but my friends and family call me Mal! I am a certified registered dental hygienist. I love my career so much! Not only because I am helping people restore their oral health, but my schedule is amazing and it allows me enough time to get out on the water and do what I love to do: fish!

When did you start fishing? And who got you into the sport?

I started fishing roughly 2 years ago, thanks to my wonderful husband, Royal. The first fish that got me hooked was a slot red! I will never forget that fight, and those beautiful spots he had. I go back to that day quite frequently!

 

What is your favorite fish to catch?

I would have to say that wahoo is the first fish that comes to mind when I think about my favorite one to catch. Although, I enjoy fishing for just about anything!

What is the most difficult fish to fight?

I would say so far my most difficult fish to fight has been a yellowfin tuna! They are so strong!


Do you have a favorite lure or bait?

My newest lure obsession would hands down be the GZ Niiyama lure. They look intensely realistic and they always get the job done, especially when fishing for the hoos

Do you have a favorite place or spot to fish?

My favorite place to fish so far, is Chub Cay, Bahamas. It is definitely the most versatile area I have ever been able to fish! From flats fishing for bonefish in crystal waters, (dodging the sharks) to offshore for wahoo. So many great memories! It’s also where I caught my first wahoo!

Instagram, Facebook

The Wombat has Rule 5 Sunday: Dawn Wells up and running.





















No comments:

Post a Comment