Sunday, January 12, 2020

First Fishing Trip of the Year

Sun setting over Patuxent River Naval Air Station
5:01 PM from Patuxent River
Pete called me today while we were walking on the beach this morning and asked if I might be able to help him take his boat from Flag Harbor to Solomons to put it on the trailer to take it down south again. I would provide one of the vehicles to return from Solomons after dropping off the trailer. I agreed, and extracted another favor from him.
St. Mary's County across the Patuxent River




After the returning to Flag Harbor from the drop off, we cast off about 4:00 PM. We tried at the power plant, and managed to snag a couple of small fish. Then we hunted for birds on the channel edge, with no luck. Once we got into the Patuxent River on our way to Solomons, I took these pictures with my phone.




Solomon's Waterfront
The weather was astonishing today. After an overnight thunder storm, it was clear, calm and warm, 65 F

Governor Thomas Johnson Bridge  connecting
Calvert and St. Marys Counties

No comments:

Post a Comment