Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Big Guns, Hot Shells

Our favorite redneck, Heather LeCroix demonstrates more knowledge of guns than any network journalist ever has:



I know both rounds well. I used to shoot a .357 at Silhouette shooting meets back in Oregon. It was considered a minimal handgun for such use. You needed to hit the rams high on the back to knock them over consistently.  I wasn't much of a competitor at the sport; I just felt good if I hit the rams.  I used a .243 to deer hunt around the same time. Again, considered a little light as a deer rifle, I found its accuracy, and its flat-shooting due it's high velocity, light bullet to outweigh any worries about "brush busting." I killed a lot of deer with that thing. Probably not ideal for Roosevelt Elk or Grizzly Bear, but that was never a goal.

But there are possible pitfalls to shooting such videos:



Skip to 4:30ish for the magic moment.

Linked at Pirate's Cove the weekly "Sorta Blogless Sunday and Pinup."

No comments:

Post a Comment