Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Maryland, My Maryland: We're #26!

 Out of 51! AllahPundit at Hot Hair: Poll confirms: Washington, D.C. is the worst "state" in the union

To cleanse the palate on a slow news day, something dumb and fun to trigger your sense of state pride or shame, as the case may be.

You’re going to look at this list and think, “Wait, in what way is one state being rated ‘better’ than another here?” Ah, that’s the beauty of it. The poll doesn’t specify. All YouGov did was give people a choice of two states at random and ask them which is better. They supplied their own criteria. After doing that thousands of times with all sorts of combinations, a ranked list of the “best” and “worst” based on winning percentage emerged.

And there we are, smack in the middle, where we probably belong. Of course, as with most state where in the state you actually live. I think I live in a pretty good part of the state; I've seen Baltimore and, frankly, if I had to live there my opinion would be entirely different.

When I was a young child, growing up in California (#12), my maternal grandfather, a Baltimore resident from a different time, tried to sell me on the joys of Maryland, from the beach to the mountain in a day if you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment