According to the White House, the 81 accomplishments are in 12 major categories and include well over 100 other minor achievements.Linked at Pirate's Cove's weekly "Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup" and links.
The unofficial list helps to counter the impression in the mainstream media and among congressional Democrats that outside the approval of Supreme Court Neil Gorsuch and passage of the tax reform bill little was done.
Administrations typically tout their achievements broadly at the end of each year, but Trump plans to list jobs added, regulations killed, foreign policy victories won, and moves to help veterans and even drug addicts.
And in a sign of support for conservatives, the White House also is highlighting achievements for the pro-life community.
Below are the 12 categories and 81 wins cited by the White House.
Jobs and the economy
. . .
- Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
- Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
- Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
- Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
- A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
- A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
- A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
- Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.
One day you wash up on the beach, wet and naked. Another day you wash back out. In between, the scenery changes constantly.
Friday, December 22, 2017
Reasons #5785 - #5866 That Trump Was Elected
Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed
Labels: Donald Trump
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment