Saturday, October 23, 2021

Rule 5 Saturday - Jessica Chastain Demands 'Equity' in Nudity

For this week's Rule 5 post, let's consult Page Six, Jessica Chastain had one condition before going nude for ‘Scenes From a Marriage’
Jessica Chastain was only comfortable doing full-frontal nudity in “Scenes From a Marriage” if her co-star, Oscar Isaac, also bared it all.

“I said in the very beginning, ‘I’m comfortable with all the nudity, but any part of my body that you show, you’re going to have to show the same with Oscar,'” the 44-year-old actress shared while visiting “The View” with Isaac on Friday.

Chastain appears nude in a shower scene in the second episode, while Isaac, 42, appears nude in episode four.

 

“For me, I wanted it to be balanced,” the Golden Globe-winner explained.

Meanwhile, Isaac claims that he “didn’t know” that his full-frontal scene had made it onto the series and was surprised when people started talking about it

“You get sent the stuff to look at to be like, ‘Okay, I’m fine with that,'” the “Star Wars” actor said. “But I saw it on a laptop quite dark and I didn’t notice what was happening down there.” “I saw it clear as day on the big TV there. It’s there,” he added.


Well, it wouldn't scare me away, but I'm not spending a lot of time looking for it. 

Chastain has been vocal about how nudity on film has bothered her in the past, despite having “no issues” with nudity herself.

“For me, I’m uncomfortable with nudity when it feels like it’s not the person’s decision to be naked, when it’s something that has been put upon them. In a way, I see that as like a victimization,” the actress told Vulture in 2018.

Yep, there's plenty of examples of Jessica in the buff

Linked at Pirate's Cove in the weekly Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup and links. The Wombat has Rule 5 Sunday: Queen Victoria Eugenie Of Spain and FMJRA 2.0: Floating Sequence posted on time and under budget at The Other McCain. Linked at Proof Positive in the weekly Best of the Web* and at the Right Way in the weekly Rule 5 Saturday LinkOrama

 














No comments:

Post a Comment