Friday, October 15, 2021

Oregon, My Oregon

Althouse noticed this, "But you all know how much I love Oregon, and how much I’ve been seared by the suffering of old friends there. So I’ve reluctantly concluded that I should try not only to expose problems but also see if I can fix them directly."
Writes Nicholas Kristof, quoted in "Nicholas Kristof Leaves New York Times as He Considers a Political Run/Mr. Kristof, a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner, is weighing a run for governor of Oregon, the state where he grew up" (NYT).

Kristof "grew up on a sheep and cherry farm in Yamhill, Ore." That sounds wonderful.

I'm not so sure the cure to what ails Oregon (or, really, what ails Portland) is to get a New York Times reporter/opinion writer as governor.  But then, how much worse could it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment