Saturday, May 2, 2015

Things in the Garden

In another post, I said I would update if a female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak showed up. I lied, I'm going with a whole new post because I have a lot of garden pictures to share.

We've had male Grosbeaks off and on since the first sighting, but today was the first time a female showed up too. I can't really tell if the males are all the same or if it's new one flying through, although I suspect the later.
Another visitor? A Myrtle or Yellow Rumped Warbler. Way out in the back among the trees, at the far end of my zoom's capabilities.



The first Silver-Spotted Skipper for the year. They'll be common later, if the past two years are any guide. This is a rare open wing shot.
Mostly they hold their wings erect over the body, displaying the silver spot that gives them their name.

In addition to this, I also saw a couple of Zebra Swallowtails flit by, but not stop
A clear wing hummingbird moth of some sort, most likely a Snowberry Clearwing.


No comments:

Post a Comment