Monday, June 18, 2018

Model Stops Race in it's Tracks

Sebastian Vettel had an idea something was wrong, but he didn't want to jeopardize anything, especially the safety of people at the track.
. . .
“I was a bit confused. I told (my team) I don’t think the race is over yet,” Vettel said. “Some of the marshals were already celebrating. ... I was just worried that people don’t jump on the track and start celebrating. We’re still going at full pace.”

The culprit was supermodel Winnie Harlow, who was handed the checkered flag and waved it early, signaling the end of the race. The cars, meanwhile, continued around the track for another lap, despite it not officially counting.


 I can't imagine that she waved the flag without prompting.
Harlow said she was just following instructions.

"IT WASN'T ME," she tweeted, accompanied by several emojis. "but I'm so grateful no one was hurt!"

The gaffe didn't have any impact on the race's outcome. Vettel led from start to finish at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in picking up his third win of the season.
Winnie suffers from a condition called vitiligo, which causes progressive depigmentation of areas of the skin. Reputedly, Michael Jackson had it as well. I was unaware that is was often very symmetrical:


Wombat-socho has "Rule 5 Sunday: Girls In The Desert" up and running.






















No comments:

Post a Comment