Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kacy Up At Bat

A change of pace for this morning 6 AM eye opener. A woman actually accomplishing the impossible.  Kacy Catanzaro becomes the first woman to complete the American Ninja course, to qualify for the final in Las Vegas at "Mt. Midoriyama":



To cleanse the palate, watching this makes me feel like half a man. Not because I’m a candy-ass beta male who couldn’t complete the course, although I am and I couldn’t. It’s because I’d never heard of “American Ninja Warrior” until today. I’ve spent years boring myself with “The Walking Dead” when I could have been bro-ing out, watching people running up walls?

How did this blind spot happen? Why wasn’t I aggressively marketed to?
My kids introduced me to American Ninja several years ago (in return, I introduced them to "The Deadliest Catch").

I'm of two minds here.  First, I'm currently undergoing physical therapy for shoulder pain, and just watching this causes it to ache. The second is "Go Kacy!"

GOODSTUFF is strutting Jayne Mansfield's stuff this week in his 148th edition. Wombat-socho has the great weekly Rule 5 Sunday post "Electric Avenue" up at The Other McCain on time and under budget.








No comments:

Post a Comment