Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fluke Flakes Out

Yesterday, we received the bad, albeit humorous news that Sandra Fluke was considering a run for Congress to fill Henry Waxman's seat.  Apparently, somebody with some sense in the party had a little talk with her, and she has reconsidered:

Sandra Fluke forgoes congressional bid to run for state Senate
Democratic attorney and activist Sandra Fluke has decided against running for retiring Rep. Henry A. Waxman’s congressional seat, instead planning a bid for the state Senate.

“I am extremely moved by the outpouring of local and national support I have received since I announced that I was considering running for office. My entire career has been devoted to the public interest, whether representing victims of human trafficking or advocating for working families,” Fluke said late Tuesday night. “I am committed to continuing that fight in Sacramento, working to protect our environment, ensure our access to health care, and create the jobs that are desperately needed. While I strongly considered offering my candidacy for Congress, I feel there is a better way for me to advance the causes that are important to our community.”
Her entire career pretty much consists of having entered a Catholic college to attempt to force it to give away birth control to all women, trying to be asked to testify before Congress (and not making it), and being called a slut by Rush Limbaugh.
Fluke became famous in 2012 after radio host Rush Limbaugh called her a “slut” when the then-law student testified in Congress in favor of mandatory insurance coverage of contraception.
Wrong. She testified at a mock hearing held by democrats only for publicity purposes.

I believe that the families and communities of this district -- from West Hollywood to West L.A. and from Santa Monica to Torrance and beyond -- deserve to have a fresh perspective from a new generation of progressive leadership in Sacramento, and I am eager to get to work fighting for the causes that matter most to our future as a community, state and nation," Fluke said.
My original home stomping ground.  I'd feel sorrier for them, except that in California, home of Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, one more crazy liberal woman isn't likely to make much impact, and as H.L. Mencken observed:
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment