Thursday, February 20, 2014

Some Beach Catch Up

I realize I've been remiss in my duty of boring you with the state of the our beach.  It's not that we haven't been going, but I just haven't gotten around to cleaning out the camera.  This photo was from a couple of days ago.  The weather was great, but there was still a fair amount of ice left
If you know what you're looking at, you can see a "red tide" (dinoflagellate bloom) developing in the water.  We often see blooms in winter.
 More description than name, this dog is "Sandy."
We've collected lots of teeth in the last two days, but most weren't too exciting. My best was probably this Cow Shark tooth.  Not a great specimen, but rare enough to be a good find.
 We were late to the beach today, after a number of errands, and by the time we made it the sun was gone, and the breeze just a bit chill.  Still, we found over 30 teeth.
However, ours paled in comparisons to this massive Crocodile tooth that Ray had...
And this small, curved Megalodon (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment