Saturday, November 9, 2013

Alone at the Beach

Georgia had a meeting to go this morning, so I was on my own for a walk.  Bright, but cool, with west winds that didn't ruffle the Bay much.










A good Fata Morgana mirage was working.  It had this sailboat and the islands of the eastern shore floating above the water.










Chemtrails!  I guess, since water vapor is a chemical too.











I went a long way up the beach, well past the cottages to where it widens out again.  I was pleasantly surprised when this one flitted by settled on the sand.  An American Painted Lady (Vanessa virginiensis) and not the more common Painted Lady, as seen from the small white spot surrounded by the orange.





Eagles too, but at a distance.













I walked all the way up to Western Shores, made possible due to a good low tide.











I found some 29 shark's teeth, and a few other things, but the teeth weren't exceptional.  This little Mako shark tooth was probably the best.










Some trees prepare to meet their death by cliff erosion.  Some day I'll walk up there and one of those trees, if not both, will be lying on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment