Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday, Oct. 6 Beach Report

By the time we arrived at the beach this morning, it was verging on warm, with temperatures approaching 80 F in the bright sun.
A son helps his mother kayak.  Water temperatures  are still 75 F or so, and the Sea Nettles are all but gone, making it one of the better times of the year to actually get in the water.
I ran into Ray way up the beach, searching for shark's teeth.  He showed me this broken Megalodon tooth he had found earlier.
 By contrast, my own modest finds. 

Actually, this was my smallest tooth (of 20) of the day, but I didn't have anything of any great note...
While we were out, the wind came up.  I don't know much about sailing, but I do know if your sails look like this for very long, you're doing something wrong.
A Variegated Fritillary in the dunes.

1 comment: