She confirmed that Biden was there, but could not confirm whether he had brought up the Logan Act. “I don’t remember the Vice President saying much of anything,” she said. She said no formal decision had been made about investigating Flynn for violating the rarely-enforced Logan Act, though she said that she had been skeptical about the idea at the time.Prosecute her for lying to Congress; fair is fair after all. News Thud, Senator Hawley ain’t buying what Sally Yates is selling… Sundance has the whole interrogation at Senator Hawley Comes Closest….
Other important points in Yates’s testimony included:
– Yates testified that she would not sign the warrant application to the FISA court on Carter Page, knowing what she knows today. She acknowledged that the warrant, and the application for its renewal (both of which she had signed), had misled the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court, given that the FBI relied on the “Steele dossier.” However, she said she had trusted the FBI’s analysis — even though she knew something of the dossier’s political origins.
– Yates misstated several facts about the Michael Flynn case and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Yates claimed falsely that Flynn had lied to FBI agents — a conclusion very much in doubt, given new evidence. She also claimed falsely that he pleaded guilty twice to lying to the FBI; in fact, he only pleaded guilty once. And she claimed, falsely, that Flynn tried to “neuter” Obama administration sanctions on Russia; in fact, he asked Russia not to escalate. In addition, she testified George Papadopoulos had been a Russian intelligence asset — a false claim she had to walk back.
– Yates could not explain why she believed there was a “legitimate” reason for investigating Flynn even after FBI agents recommended dropping the case on January 4, 2017. Yates testified that she believed the FBI agents who made that recommendation had not yet seen the transcripts of Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak, but there is no evidence to substantiate that claim. (The reason the agents actually gave at the time: FBI leadership wanted the case to continue.) . . .
In the questioning of former DAG Sally Yates, only Senator Josh Hawley came close to identifying the edges of the issues with Yates responses. What we see from the overall questioning is what I shared with y’all last week . . .
Also, Richard Grenell Discusses Yates Testimony: “She got away with questioning yesterday”…
Remember, if you hate Ric Grenell, you're homophobic.
Chuck Ross at Da Caller, Grassley Says Senate Democrats Acting Like ‘Cowards,’ Ignoring Evidence Of Russian Disinformation In Dossier
Sen. Chuck Grassley accused Senate Democrats in a fiery speech on the Senate floor on Wednesday of behaving like “cowards” by accusing him of falling victim to a Russian disinformation campaign regarding Joe Biden, while ignoring allegations that Russian intelligence operatives planted false information in the Democrat-funded Steele dossier.Via the Wombat's In The Mailbox: 08.06.20 (Afternoon Edition) The Geller Report features Obama Spying “Beyond What Anyone Thought Possible” and Josh Hammer catches more projection at NYPo ‘Spying’ charges against Trump couldn’t be more absurd.
“Truth be told, the Democrats should know a thing or two about Russian disinformation,” Grassley said in his speech.
“The Steele Dossier is the very definition of election interference, yet we hear no objections from Democrats,” he continued, adding that “Democrats got duped into falsely accusing their political rivals of doing the very thing they were actually complicit in.”
Tristan Justice at DaFed has 3 Things To Know About The Steele Dossier’s Primary Sub-Source
1. There’s No Steele Dossier Without The Sub-Source' . . .Andrea Widburg at AmThink, It looks as if this Fall's hit show will be called ‘Obamagate’, Good, decent TV is getting a little thin. Paul Sperry at RCI, Ex-Colleagues See Durham Dropping Bombshells Before Labor Day
2. Steele Exaggerated Sub-Source Claims . . .
3. Early FBI Sub-Source Interviews Were Clear Grounds To End Crossfire Hurricane . . .
"Under oath, do you commit to not releasing any report by Mr. Durham before the November election?” Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-Fla.) asked Barr, citing longstanding Justice Department policy not to announce new developments in politically sensitive cases before an election.Sundance is Considering the Durham Timeline…
“No,” the attorney general curtly replied.
. . .
During last week’s House hearing, Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., asked Barr if he would be able to "right this wrong” against Trump before the election.
“I really can’t predict that,” the attorney general answered. "John Durham is looking at all these matters. COVID did delay that action for a while. But he's working very diligently.”
Added Barr: "Justice is not something you can order up on a schedule like you're ordering a pizza.”
McClintock warned Barr that if he is succeeded by a Biden appointee, Durham’s investigation will simply go away.
"I understand your concern,” Barr sighed.
Hopefully Mr XXXXX and Durham will deliver on behalf of AG Barr and the American people. However, if they don’t address the dual justice system -mid August- then things will be even bigger and even uglier.Stephan Kruiser, PJ Media, The Morning Briefing: Mainstream Media Hacks Are the Root of Most American Woes. That may be a bit of an overstatement, but it's true that
American media hacks spent years as the chief propagandists for the Russian collusion myth simply because they were in an extreme fit of pique over the fact that they couldn’t get Hillary Clinton elected president. It was the first time their power had been rejected on a large scale.A Trump impeachment witness cashes the check; NYPo, Trump impeachment witness Fiona Hill gets book deal and at Da Caller, Trump Impeachment Witness’ Book About ‘Polarized’ America To Be Released In 2021, Publisher Says.
Despite that defeat, they still remain a powerful influence in narrative-shaping. Their power may be diminishing, but they can still do damage to freedom, democracy, and the overall American way of life.
From the Western Journal, Michael Flynn issues a call to arms: Exclusive from Gen. Flynn: This Is My Letter to America
We are witnessing a vicious assault by enemies of all that is good, and our president is having to act in ways unprecedented in decades, maybe centuries.Despite his personal woes, inflicted on him by vicious Obama partisans, he keeps his eye on the big picture.
The biblical nature of good versus evil cannot be discounted as we examine what is happening on the streets of America.
It’s Marxism in the form of antifa and the Black Lives Matter movement versus our very capable and very underappreciated law enforcement professionals, the vast majority of whom are fighting to provide us safe and secure homes, streets and communities.
When the destiny of the United States is at stake, and it is, the very future of the entire world is threatened. . .