Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Obligatory Dinosaur Flatus Post

Professor Graeme Ruxton of St Andrews University, Scotland, said the giant animals spent 150 [million] years emitting the potent global warming gas, methane.

Large plant-eating sauropods would have been the main culprits because of the huge amounts of greenery they consumed.

The team calculated the animals would have collectively produced more than 520m tons of methane a year – more than all today’s modern sources put together.

It is thought these huge amounts could easily have been enough to warm the planet.
You must be shitting putting me on.  What kind of error bars did you put on those estimates?

 And to think I thought I could get away without posting a pretty girl:



OK, who farted?

Thanks to Wombat-Socho for taking my early submissions for the weekly Rule 5 link around at The Other McCain's "I Need to Know".

No comments:

Post a Comment