Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rule 5 Saturday - Gwyneth Paltrow -"I'd Rather Smoke Crack..."

"... than eat cheese from a can" 

Well, she may have more experience with crack, but I know that if you're hungry enough, dry dog food looks pretty good.
The foodie, 38, was chatting about her cookbook at the
Roundhouse Studios for the iTunes festival on Tuesday when she revealed she’s banned her kids from McDonald’s.
That's pretty easy for a rich film star. Possibly a little more tempting for the average urban parent without the freedom of movement and choices that a lot of money brings. Or you could just feed them at home.
“I take them to Pizza Express because I think that’s much healthier,” she said. “Don’t tell them there are toys!”
Ah yes, I'm sure that's much better.  No empty calories in pizza!  Bread, cheese, meat?  Sounds like a burger.  Do you think her kids like anchovies on their pizza?


Sidestepping questions about her hubby, Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Gwynnie, who says she can “eat any man under a table”, revealed plans to start a channel of cookery programmes on an iPhone app
Another fine thing I'm missing by only owning a stupid phone
– but you might wanna buy some plonk before giving her recipes a go.
Well, that sounds good, almost anything goes better with a little wine.

“I drink constantly while I’m cooking,” she says. “Wine, either colour.”
Did she really say color with a "u"?  Oh right, I'm quoting a British publication.  Once upon a time I published a paper in a British journal and they made me spell "Baltimore Harbor" with a "u" in harbor.  Horrors!

Ah yes, Stout; the perfect diet beer.  But then, it doesn't look like she has a weight problem.






I found the story that forms the basis for this over at The Other McCain's. Thanks to the Rule 5 Wombat for including this in the weekly Rule 5 compendium over at The Other McCain's.


No comments:

Post a Comment