Sunday, June 1, 2014

This Day on the Bay

Oh my goodness, what an amazing day here.  High 60s to 70s, clear, low humidity. Tomorrow we're supposed to start seeing some summertime heat and humidity, so we had to make the best of it.
Georgia and I got down to walk early, before the crowd arrived
I found this nice Mako tooth, although it wasn't really the best of days for fossils.
This sailboat had a hard time getting enough wind to sail
 The mid day mob is getting started now,
A practice kayak run.









 I just had to take the afternoon fishing trip.  This family was walking the jetty as I was leaving.
And this Surf Scoter was hanging around the jetty too.  I saw him this morning too, so he's (and it's a he from the the color) seems be taking up some kind of residence here.
Fishing was pretty good.  I caught a limit of Striped Bass (2) and two pretty decent Bluefish, about 20 inches long, one of which provided tonights dinner.  I also lost one large Striped Bass (estimated to be 26 inches) at the side of the boat. I stayed until sunset.
Looking south to Rocky Point and the Dominion Gas Docks.  The Belt of Venus gives the sky opposite the sunset the pink color
A cruise liner was going down the Bay, still in the sunset, while I was in the shadow of the cliffs. The ship is really all white.

No comments:

Post a Comment