Sunday, May 4, 2014

Went Fishing

As I mentioned in the schadenfreude post, I was late because I took off early this morning to try some fishing.  I should have skipped the last cup of coffee (or not) because by the time I got out on the water, the sun was already up.
 Looking back into the harbor, a pair of Ospreys appear to be thinking about building a nest on the starboard channel marker.  I don't recommend, but they don't call them bird brains for nothing.  The interesting "brown" trees are our oaks, whose leaves have not expanded fully and still have a brown, fuzzy tint, combined with the brown oak tassels, which are starting to pile up in drifts outside.
Oh, this was supposed to be about fishing, right? Well, there were fish there, at least 20 of them, up to 27 inches long (though most were much smaller).  I did tell you they have to be 28 inches or longer to keep now, didn't I?  A few boats, but not bumper car numbers the way "Location X" gets some mornings.



I caught my first top water striper of the year; there is that anyway.



The mysterious "Location X."








The community of Long Beach, seen from the water, particularly the section we call "Old Long Beach", which used to be a collection of small beach cottages on a flat marshy area.  A lot of the small cottages are being replaced by bigger Hatteras style "stilt" houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment