Gina Robins asked to go into the kitchen to heat up food for her baby son but instead locked the ten-week old pet in the oven.
The kitten’s owner Sarah Knutton, 35, was sitting in the lounge when she heard a noise ‘like a crisp packet being popped’, followed by a loud ‘screeching noise’.
After the kitten had died, Robins, 31, sent her a text message, calling time on their friendship and saying: ‘Remember the saying “What goes around comes around?” It has started already to bite you in the a***. The cat? Karma.’
The court heard how the pair fell out when Miss Knutton called the police because Robins’s boyfriend was shouting abuse outside her house in Torquay.
Robins denied causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, claiming that the microwave, which starts automatically when the door shuts, was accidentally turned on by one of Miss Knutton’s other cats.
That reminds me of that classic, "Cat in the Kettle".