Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fantasy Girls - A Saturday Night Rule 5 Post

As I said before with regard to Jessica Alba, I have a soft spot for Sci-Fi and Fantasy.  It occurred me that the good looking women have starred in Sci-Fi and Fantasy films and girls who play them just for fun would make a good subject for a Rule 5 post.  I'll start off by stealing one from my brother, Ted.  In chronological order, Raquel Welch, in 1,000,000 B.C. has to start it off.  She also rates pretty high in looks too. (Click pics to enlarge)







Next we have a couple of women who played pointy eared elves in the Peter Jackson's epic adaption of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Liv Tyler as Arwen (in green) and Cate Blanchett as Galadrial.
Doing the pointy eared thing seriously has to be tough (I'd be breaking out laughing the whole time), but these ladies were up to challenge.



No fantasy post would be complete without vampires, and I utterly refuse to have anything to do with the Twilight collection.  That woman ruined good vampirism with teen angst.  There are many possible choices for lady vampires, but I found this picture of an attention grabbing conventioneer somewhere imitating the comic vampire Vampirella, and I couldn't resist.

And where there are vampires, there must be vampire hunters.  And who better to represent the vampire slayers than Sarah Michelle Geller, who played the high school slayer in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series.  I don't know that this picture came from the series, but it could be, so good enough.  Just put a stake in her hands and she's the slayer.
Of course, the Star Wars franchise needs some play.  But, Carrie Fisher?  Naw, that's already been beat to death with a stick.  Instead, here's a couple of girls dressed as R2D2 and C3PO.  These ARE the droids you are looking for.


And this fan, dressed as Bobbie Fett, is preparing to take them into custody and well, do things we're not supposed to talk about.






 




And finally, a bit from the Mel Brooks Film "Young Frankenstein" (or is that Fankenstien, I forget) starring Teri Garr and Gene Wilder.  It's a bit dark, so turn the lights down low...




I thank the Rule 5 Wombat for the link to The Other McCain's weekly Rule 5 compendium.  Little Brother posted his favorite over at a Man, a Dog, and a Gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment