Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Beach Report 4/19/16

I took Skye for a long walk, down to the beach, and up past the cottages for her "big event" for the day, while Georgia stayed at home nursing a sore foot. The weather is almost insanely good, warm, nearly 80 but not humid, sunny and not very windy (although it came up later.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the water in the Bay is unusually clear lately, nearly Caribbean in appearance. I'll be impressed if it continues this way for long.
There is, however, a pretty good layer of pollen laying on the surface in a few places. Not the worst I've ever seen. Our oaks are busy having sex, and the pollen is pretty dense. Fortunately, I'm not allergic to their pollen.
Good weather for sun bathing.
A first butterfly puddling on the beach.
An unusually colored Northern Water Snake, not a Copperhead, in the rocks at the marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment