Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weiner: Yes, I'd Totally Hire a Pervert to Run the Schools

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There was an ugly exchange on Friday between New York City mayoral hopeful Anthony Weiner and a Staten Island teacher and principal. And in another bombshell, the candidate was asked if he would he hire a schools chancellor or a police commissioner with the same sexting addiction he has.

Weiner thought his Staten Island campaign stop would get him back to talking about the issues affect New York. In this case people hurt by Hurricane Sandy.

But a local teacher and principal rained on his parade.

Peg Brunda asked the question Weiner definitely did not want to hear.

“I don’t quite understand how you would feel you would have the moral authority as the head administrator in the city to oversee employees when your standard of conduct is so much lower than the standard of conduct that’s expected of me,” the retired teacher said.

Weiner responded by saying, “You’re not voting for me?”

Brunda: “No, I’m not voting for you, sir.”

Weiner: “I want to let other people make the decision for themselves.”
...
“People have their personal lives. If it is unconnected to their professional duties, of course, I’m not going to judge someone’s personal life,” Weiner said.
Ah, the old Clinton defense. Funny how close his wife is to Hillary.

It's too early this morning to be outraged, so I'll be mildly disgusted instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment