Tuesday, October 3, 2017

News Knucklehead du Jour

MSNBC Gun Expert: Gun Rights People Argue Against Banning Silencers Because Hunters Use Them So the Deer Can't Hear Them
Perfect.

He goes on to rebut this famous argument offered in support of suppressors by saying that hunters were able to hunt deer for centuries before the invention of suppressors.
"Sportsmen, hunters would make an argument that they need that so that their target, whether it's a deer, etc. don’t hear the shot," Gomez claimed, "but numerous other sportsmen have shot from muskets–when the founding fathers started the Second Amendment--up until now successfully killed game animals without the use of a silencer."
I like how he made up a completely stupid argument no one has ever made in the history of forever and then rebutted that stupid argument with a stupid snarky rejoinder to the stupid thing he said.

Sometimes when I'm hunting deer, I use ninja stars to silently take down their sentries.
My bold. Rifle bullets travel faster than the speed of sound, and arrive at their target (hopefully) before the muzzle blast. If you don't know that, you should refrain from commenting. The point of suppressors is to protect the shooters ears. I still have tinnitus, which I blame on a combination of using chain saws and target practice with my trusty deer slayer +2 .230 Remington 788.

1 comment: