Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Beach Report 2/27/24

Warm for Feb, almost 60 F, with a SW wind, overcast with a few spits of rain. I started about half way up through the tide, and finished at almost high. Not a lot of wind to start with, but it picked up toward the end.
Lots of gravel and shell hash everywhere, and I had a pretty good day for fossils. 
First off, this fossil fish tail (hyplural), and a respectable upper Snaggletooth parasymphyseal  tooth. The fish tail was embedded in clay boulder. I tried to get it with matrix, but it popped right out when I tried. 
Then, this heartbreaker Snaggletooth lower, still easily the biggest of the year. 
Still not done, I found this somewhat smaller, but still complete one.
All told, I had 24 teeth, a couple of crab claws and the fish tail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment