Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Pretty Package, Damaged Goods

From Stacy McCain, Damaged Goods
Whatever happened to Kendra Wilkinson?

Here we are in the middle of a deadly pandemic, and that question probably hasn’t crossed your mind. In fact, I suspect, the question on your mind now is, “Who the heck is Kendra Wilkinson?”

Well, “reality TV star” might be one way to describe her, but you probably never watched any of the shows she was on: The Girls Next Door (2004-2009), Kendra (2009-2012) and Kendra on Top (2012-2017).

Any of that ring a bell? OK, enough with the hints: In The Girls Next Door, Wilkinson starred as one of three live-in girlfriends of Playboy magazine publisher Hugh Hefner. Wilkinson was only 19 when she became involved with Hefner, who was then 78.

Yuck. Some girls have “daddy issues.” Some girls have granddaddy issues. That a mere teenager, fresh out of high school, should become a TV star on the basis of this kind of creepy “relationship” tells you everything you need to know about the value system in Hollywood.

Can you imagine how embarrassed you would be if one of your daughters became famous for engaging in such shameful behavior? Your entire family would be disgraced by this public evidence of your failure as a parent. Of course, the failure really began before Kendra was born. Her father is a successful businessman who made the mistake of marrying a former NFL cheerleader in 1983. Kendra was born in 1985, and her parents divorced when she was 8 years old. She didn’t see her father for about 20 years, and evidently got her values — such as they are — from her aging bimbo mother. People use the phrase “single mom” so blithely, and often in such a way as to suggest there is something inherently praiseworthy and heroic in being a “single mom,” without acknowledging the psychiatric damage that fatherlessness inflicts on children.


The social-science data is indisputable on this subject. For example, having divorced parents increases the likelihood that your own marriage will end in divorce, and not by an insignificant margin: “[T]he risk of divorce is 50 percent higher when one spouse comes from a divorced home and 200 percent higher when both partners do.” So what do you think happened to Hugh Hefner’s ex-girlfriend Kendra Wilkinson after she got married in 2009 to former NFL wide receiver Hank Baskett?

In 2014, while she was eight months pregnant with their second child, Baskett hooked up with a tranny YouTuber! All the sordid details became public, which ultimately ended Kendra’s marriage and threw a wrench into her reality-show gig, where her husband was part of the deal.
There was also a lot of drama where Kendra’s efforts to reunite with her “estranged” father caused a rift between Kendra and her mother:

Those two [Kendra and Hank] are so caught up in the show. It’s all Kendra thinks about. It’s disgusting, especially when you are hurting your own mother. I’m there for you when you need me the most, and this is how you pay me back? … I can’t do this anymore. I love my kids more than anything, but when a television show becomes more important than your relationship with your mom, it’s time to realize that your priorities are messed up. . . .
She did tell me she hated me, she called me all kinds of names. She ended it with “I hope you die.” I wouldn’t tell my worst enemy I hope you die. Much less your mother. . . .
After news of Hank’s affair broke, I was there for Kendra the second she needed me. I drove up to her place and got to spend time with my grandchildren. It felt like old times, but then things took a turn for the worse. She just stopped talking to me … Kendra and Hank are all about the ratings … Just days before, I was picking her up off the floor, and now she can’t even tell me that she’s going to see her father, who left us — not to mention that she went with a guy who just cheated on her with a tranny.
So, estranged from her father, and telling her mother “I hope you die,” eventually Kendra got divorced from her tranny-chasing husband. . . .
Well, you can always serve as a bad example (NSFW)!

The Wombat has Rule Five Monday: Honor Blackman, RIP up on time at The Other McCain.

No comments:

Post a Comment