Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm Glad to See He's Taking it So Well

“I am angry, and for once that doesn’t make me happy,” he said. Shortly thereafter, Colbert said he thought his sister had won “because CNN called it for Sanford.”

Though he stayed in character, Colbert remained visibly frustrated with Sanford’s victory. He would attempt to denounce South Carolina in favor of North Carolina, an effort that ended after taking a bite out of North Carolina’s “sauceless, vinegar-based meat product” known as barbecue.

“I can’t do it, I love South Carolina too much,” he said. “And I love my sister, and I’m so proud of her, but I just don’t get it.”
He's shocked that a woman supported by Nancy Pelosi got beat in a solidly Republican state?  So much for reality based humor.

And I thought we had all agreed that lying about sex was acceptable in politics.
Colbert ended the segment with a plea for people to not let their party affiliations be the sole reason for how they vote: “Maybe it’s time everybody out there stops basing every decision you make on party affiliation and instead admit that every once in a while you might agree with the other side.”
Now that's funny, but not in the way he intended, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment