Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Beach Report 7/6/21

As Skye and I walked the marine dock towards the beach, I saw a familiar boat getting set for a familiar task. I stopped to talk to them. A guy from PEARL (formerly ANSERC, where I used to work) and two summer interns getting ready to set crab pots for the crab survey George Abbe started 52 years ago. Here they are heading north to set a two lines of 5 pots at Kenwood Beach. That brought back a lot of memories. Most of them good.

The Sea Nettles are here for the summer, and they were thick today. It seems to vary a bit with the weather. I talked to two mothers who had their kids stung today. 
The best of 11 teeth between Georgia and I, a fine, very black 1 1/4 inch White Shark tooth, which washed up at my feet.
And a poorly focused, but fairly rare intact Eagle Ray mouth plate chevron. 
Georgia getting out of "the tangle" at Matoaka.


No comments:

Post a Comment