Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Beach Report 7/28/21

A little warm, mid 80s, but a bit of NNW breeze kept Skye and I cool enough (although she took a bonus dip in the stream). We were by ourselves today; Georgia was home baby sitting. 

Fossiling sucked, only 5 teeth and a couple of ray bit. Lots of sand, and just enough chop to make looking in the surf line hard.
Something reached out and tried to grab my foot as I stepped over this concrete piece in one of the groins.
A mating pair of crabs, locally called "doublers". The first time I've ever seen them out of the water like this. I suspect they thought they had a great spot before the tide started dropping.  You can see the red tips on the claws of the female on bottom. If a GBH or a crabber doesn't grab them before the tide gets in, she'll shed and they'll mate once the water comes back. Otherwise, they're just fine out of the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment