Friday, April 3, 2015

Drained!

Again!  A couple of weeks ago, I started answering phone calls from the Red Cross again, and signed up to give blood today at the local hospital. I dutifully kept taking my iron to keep the blood bright red and passed all the tests and answered all the question right, and then the girl came to take the blood:


No, it wasn't really like that at all. I don't have those kind of muscles. She was young, and funny and professional, and really good with the needle (I barely felt it all). It took about an hour all told, including sitting around snacking for 15 minutes afterwards. Not a bad use of an hour.

If you can give blood, you should. It's always needed, and you never know who it could save. It could even be someone you like.

I know the Red Cross has it's detractors. Like most charities, the Red Cross started out as a cause, became a business, and finally a scam, but this is one service they provide that it constantly in need.

Wombat-socho celebrates his week of absence with a double dose "Rule 5 Monday: Easter Weekend Double-Dip Edition."

No comments:

Post a Comment