Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Day in the Life

I started out this morning at the retina guy's. After dilating both eyes, and poking and peering, he gave me a clean bill of health.

The dilation caused me to stay in the dark (and blog) for most of the morning and part of the afternoon until we went to the beach.
Not much exciting at the beach, it was about 60, a little breezy, and we only found 3 teeth, and no antique bottles, although we did pick up some beach glass and beach lace.

When we arrived home, I found this Eastern Tiger Swallowtail sucking on the phlox.
Later in the afternoon, we met friends in Solomons for dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant recently rebuilt from having been burned to the ground in a huge fire a few years ago.
I had the cream of crab soup, which was, perhaps just a little too thick, nearly solid from flour or cornstarch, but with adequate crab.
To finish it off, I had the "Angry Crabcake", a spicy alternative to the standard Maryland crabcake. It was almost 100% crab with minimal binder, but next time, I'll go with the plain version.
Georgia had the Blue Cheese Bacon Burger with Balsamic Glaze, and liked it. Fortunately, there was more than enough for her so I'll probably get the remainder for lunch tomorrow. . .
We got out of there just in time to catch the sun going down through the Thomas Johnson Bridge across the Patuxent River.

No comments:

Post a Comment