Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wednesday with the Wombat

Interesting (to me) selections from Wombat-socho's mostly daily "Live at Five: 12.03.14"

Obama Immigration Flipflops Problematic For Jeh Johnson - So just what does the executive amnesty do for the problem of black unemployment? Answer: Uh . . .

Wife And Son Of Islamic State Leader Detained In Lebanon - Maybe I'm just uncivilized, but I don't mind holding them hostage, in the middle ages sense of the word, to ISIS "good behavior".

FBI Seizes LA Schools’ iPad Program Documents
FBI agents seized 20 boxes of documents related to Los Angeles Unified School District’s beleaguered $1 billion iPad project, officials confirmed Tuesday.

Agents confiscated documents at the district’s offices Monday regarding procurement practices involving the Common Core Technology project, LAUSD’s plan to equip all schools with 21st century learning devices.

The FBI confirmed an investigation into the district, but would not provide any further information, citing the ongoing probe.
Part of the "Common Core" is "Crony Capitalism"?  Whoda thunk? , , , A lot of us, really.

Corn or Cane Syrup?
Hershey To Dump Corn Syrup For Cane Sugar? - I'm agnostic on the difference between high fructose corn syrup and cane sugar. Ultimately, all the sugars are easily converted to the form the body uses, glucose, but there may be some differences in the way the different forms of sugar are initially metabolized, and it may be important for people leaning toward diabetes. There can be too much of a good thing.
Kesha


Lady Gaga Denies Kesha’s Lawyer’s Claim That Dr. Luke Raped Her - Three people I could care less about, but only just barely, four if you count Howard Stern. But I guess false claims of rape are all the rage these days, even if a third party has to make them.

National Debt Exceeds $18 Trillion, Sparking Renewed Criticism Of Obama Spending - Despite record revenues. Government just can't get enough of a good thing; other peoples money.
The debt was at $10.6 trillion when Obama took office in 2009 but has increased by 70 percent during his roughly six years in office.

“The national debt has skyrocketed by over $7.3 trillion,” Priebus said. “President Obama once said it was ‘unpatriotic’ and ‘irresponsible’ to add $4 trillion to the debt. By his own reasoning then, (he) has reached a new level of irresponsibility.”
Rosario Dawson Adopts 12-Year-Old Daughter - Former Rule 5 winner must be a better person than I.
Dawson, who was adopted by her own father, has been vocal about wanting to adopt in the past. "I always wanted to adopt kids cause my dad adopted me," the 35-year-old star told Latina magazine in 2008. "That idea has stayed in the back of my head, but lately, I've been thinking about it more."
I wish her well, and hope she's ready.

Taylor Swift Bumps Jessica Hart From Victoria’s Secret Gig

I think I have this weeks Rule 5 Saturday post figured out.

Kirk Douglas: Not Dead Yet - I hadn't thought of him that way, but yeah, he's gotta be getting up there.
"The announcement of my death is premature," Douglas told USA TODAY's Andrea Mandell exclusively. "I'm looking forward to turning 98 next week." 
Lots of great movies.

Wombat-socho has the father of all Rule 5 posts, "Rule 5 Sunday: Ton O’ Luv" ready at The Other McCain.

No comments:

Post a Comment