Monday, August 8, 2011

Pismo Foggy Morning

Being on EST in my head still, I was wide awake at 6 AM, and went for a walk on the beach to wait for the resort breakfast to open. mornings in summer in Pismo Beach, the fog is thick.  With a little luck it will burn off later:

I'll add photos as a I edit them.

The 105 steps up to the Sea Crest, as seen from the beach.  No, I didn't count them.  One of the kids told me he did.


There were hordes of Sea Gulls down at the beach.  The most common was this one, Heermann's Gull (this one in adult, non breeding colors).  This gull is characterized in adult plumages by the red bill with the black tip.  They're pretty tame and will allow you to walk up quite close.  Theses were out gleaning in the edge of the surf.
The sole sandpiper type bird I found out there this morning.  I don't know what it is, so though the file name "willet" is just a guess, but it looks pretty close.

And look who sat down at the next table for breakfast, Mr (or Mrs.) Western Gull (well, probably).  I didn't share, as they are rather pushy, especially once they've determined you're willing to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment