Friday, July 1, 2011

A quick intro, or not.

Elder brother Fritz sent me a email advising me that he was off to Pittsburgh for the weekend and that if I felt inspired, to go ahead and drop a post on his blog. In fact his exact words were.

"I had the google software send you an invitation to join as a co-blogger. If you feel inspired, give it a whirl... If not, well OK.
I trust you – well mostly, you’re not quite a sick as I am, but what the heck."

High praise from an older brother. I'll try to think of something witty and worthy of this Blog. My own blog is much more a gun related blog but then Fritz was always the scientist of the family.

The only thing I have on tap at this moment is an item about ex US Representative Anthony Weiner (D, Slimeville) that contains a most amazing Freudian slip.

"While Weiner, 46, heads to an "intensive" rehab program to recover from the sexting scandal that cost him his congressional career.."

In other words this "intensive" rehab is supposed to help him recover from the scandal, not from whatever compulsion he has to send inappropriate pictures of himself to complete strangers on the net.

This is going to turn out to be nothing more then the political version of celebrity alcohol/drug rehab. All show, no substance, disappear for a few weeks then come back and present yourself as "Cured". Of course an complicit press will buy it with out question.

But then I'm a cynic. I discovered long ago that if you expected the worst of your elected officals you would seldom be surprised and on those few occasions that you were, it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm not sure I'll be able to post again this weekend, Fritz was particularly concerned with trying to carry on the tradition of his Rule 5 posts. However while Fritz and Co are going to Pittsburgh for the weekend my family and I are headed for Santa Cruz to spend the weekend at a friends house.

Beautiful Santa Cruz, home to a great Boardwalk, a great roller coaster, and this lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment