Friday, April 12, 2013

You Learn Something New Every Day

Sometimes, it's just not a good thing.  Today's lesson; Olecranon bursitis....

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my left elbow was hurting.  I also noticed a little loose piece "something" in there.  I don't remember striking it hard on anything, but I could have and just blown it off at the time.

I've been trying to avoid aggravating it, hoping it would heal on its own, but yesterday it got pretty sore and swollen, so Georgia talked me into going to the doctor to have it looked at.

The Doc took one look and pronounced it olecranon bursitis
The olecranon is the tip of the elbow, and bursitis is any inflammation of bursa, the cushioning sac of fluid around a joint. He stuck a needle in it, pulled out a few mls of a pinkish clear fluid with the syringe, and pronounced that it was not likely due to an infection.

He wrapped it to help keep the swelling down, and told me to up my daily dose of inflammatory of choice to the maximum for a few days, and to stop aggravating it by leaning on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment