Shorter version; Hillary lied to Congress, and Obama and Susan Rice lied to the American public.
- Senior State Department officials knew that the threat environment in Benghazi was high and that the Benghazi compound was vulnerable and unable to withstand an attack, yet the Department continued to systematically withdraw security personnel.
- Repeated requests for additional security were denied at the highest levels of the State Department.
- U.S. security teams on the ground in Benghazi exhibited extreme bravery responding the attacks by al-Qa’ida-affiliated groups against the U.S. mission.
- Department of Defense officials and military personnel reacted quickly to the attacks in Benghazi.
- The Administration willfully perpetuated a deliberately misleading and incomplete narrative that the attacks evolved from a political demonstration caused by a YouTube video.
- Administration officials crafted and continued to rely on incomplete and misleading talking points.
- Evidence rebuts Administration claims that the talking points were modified to protect classified information or to protect an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- The Administration deflected responsibility by blaming the IC for the information it communicated to the public in both the talking points and the subsequent narrative it perpetuated.