Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rule 5 Saturday - Liz Tyler - Elvish Armageddon

You might wonder why I do this biography stuff with my Rule 5 posts.  After all, you just came for pictures, and you probably already know as much as I do about them. This information is as much for you as for me.   When I decide to do a Rule 5 post I want to find out more about my victim subject, and if I find anything I find interesting, I want to share it.
 For example, while I knew that Liv Tyler was Steven Tyler's daughter, I didn't know much more than that.  But, at least according to the font of all knowledge, Wikipedia, the story is much more interesting than that.  Her mother was Bebe Buell (NSFW link), an actress and Playboy's Playmate of the Month in November 1974.

Liv was born Liv Rundgren in 1977, and was initially told her father was rock star Todd Rundgren, and named after Liv Ullman, the Norwegian actress.





Liv discovered she was Steven Tyler's daughter when she was 8 years old, noticing the resemblance between herself and one of Tyler's other daughters.  Buell claimed that Tyler's early drug problems had kept her from acknowledging his paternity.  However, Liv and Steven have reconciled and become close.  A better ending than one might fear.


Liv started acting in 1994, and since then has starred in 25 movies, of which the best known are probably "Armageddon" (1998) and the three Tolkien based Lord of the Rings films,  (2001, 2002, 2003).  I thought that the elvish princess part was kind of lame, myself, but then, I blame Tolkien, not Liv Tyler.  Tolkien was entitled to a few clunkers.

That's about all I got (or at least care about).  More pictures of Liv below the jump:














Ted has Gabrielle Richens (who I've never heard of before) as Weekend Woman #42 over at his blog, A Man A Dog and A Gun. They DaleyGator included this in their fine Rule 5 Tour with Joelle Kayembe. Wombat-Socho at "The Other McCain included this in two weeks worth of Rule 5 links "Master of Puppets." William Teach at "Pirate's Cove" picked it up in his weekly "Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup - Don' Eat the Dogs" and Rule 5 listing, but go over and check out his continuing series "If All You See" series too. The Classical Liberal is late to the party with "You're a Lie."

No comments:

Post a Comment