Sunday, April 15, 2012

Titanic Day

It's the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic in the North Atlantic.  You can find out lots about it elsewhere (in fact, you might have trouble avoiding it).  I thought if might be fun the post this Youtube of Woody Guthrie singing his song about it: "When That Great Ship Went Down"



A different song by Loretta Lynn:



Meanwhile this news from Kate Winslet regarding Celine Dion's theme song from the Titanic movie (1997):

'It makes me want to throw up!' Kate Winslet reveals her TRUE feelings about Celine Dion's Titanic song My Heart Will Go On

It remains one of the best-selling singles of all time, spending an astonishing 20 weeks in the UK charts.

But now Kate Winslet has spoken about Celine Dion's Titanic song My Heart Will Go On, admitting that the emotional song makes her feel sick. The 36-year-old actress added that while she attempts to control her emotions about the heart-wrenching song, she always does a 'massive internal eye roll'.

She told MTV News: 'I feel like throwing up when I hear it. No, I shouldn't say that. No, actually, I do feel like throwing up. 'I wish I could say, "Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!" But I don't. 'I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll.'

No comments:

Post a Comment