Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rule 5 Saturday - Transforming Jennifer's Body - Megan Fox

I've been seeking an excuse to use Megan Fox as a Rule 5 girl for months now, but I just couldn't do it.  I sat down to watch Transformers (1997) or the Transformers II at least 6 times, and got bored and wandered off to do something, almost anything else within minutes.  Maybe it's because my kids played with Transformers when they were toddlers, and I just can't take them seriously, or maybe it's because, even despite a fox like Fox, they're just plain awful.  But then, Jennifer's Body showed up on cable, and I managed to force myself to sit through it.  The sacrifices I make...

Born in Oak Ridge Tennessee in the shadow of the Y12 plant in 1986, Megan is the product of Irish, French and Indian Native American ancestry.  She reports her upbringing as having been strict, a disadvantage she appears to have overcome rather easily.
"If your idea of a role model is somebody who’s gonna preach to your kids that sex before marriage is wrong and cursing is wrong and women should be this and be that, then I’m not a role model. But if you want your girls to feel strong and intelligent and be outspoken and fight for what they think is right, then I want to be that type of role model, yeah."


Despite relatively few movies and appearances, Fox has become considered a sex symbol, and like many who find themselves in the situation, seems ambivalent about it.
"Getting typecast as what? Attractive? How bad is that?"
"I definitely feel ill-prepared; I mean, I don't know if anyone ever sits back and goes, 'Now is the moment that I think I should be a famous celebrity,' – but I definitely feel it's premature. I mean, I was in one movie that people have seen."
That ought to be enough biography; more pictures of Megan below the jump


















This week Ted at A Man, a Dog and a Gun is featuring Torrie Wilson as Weekend Woman #41.  Maggie at Maggie's Notebook has Beyonce. They DaleyGator has Nina Dobrev as it's daily slide show.  The Classical Liberal is "Protecting and Conserving Mena Suvari."  William Teach at Pirate's Cover has his weekly "Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup" and linkfest.  And especially, thanks to Wombat-Socho at The Other McCain for getting his Rule 5 (Lobo Town) list together on such short notice after vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Megan Fox is a fallen angel a daring one. Gosh why is she even beautiful?

    ReplyDelete